Thank you for visiting our site which is owned and operated by Jamii Limited (collectively, “we”, “us”, or “our”). Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the services of this site (the “site”). These terms and conditions, together with the documents referred to on it, set forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of this site (the “site”) and the related services, features, content, apps, widgets offered or any purchases you make via the site. Further details regarding Jamii can be found on our website https://lovejamii.com (our site).
These terms and conditions apply to all users of the site, including, without limitation, users who are contributors of content, information and other materials or services on the site. Your access and use of the site will be subject to the version of the terms and conditions posted on the site at the time of use.
Information about us
We are Jamii Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 10267566. Our registered office is at The Exchange @ The Collective Old Oak, Old Oak Lane, NW10 6FF. Our main trading address is The Exchange @ The Collective Old Oak, Old Oak Lane, NW10 6FF.
Law and jurisdiction
This agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions. We each acknowledge that, in entering into these terms and conditions, neither of us relies on, or will have any remedies in respect of, any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these terms and conditions or the documents referred to in them. Nothing in this clause limits or excludes any liability for fraud.
General terms and conditions
Unless otherwise noted, the products and services on the site are intended for personal, non-commercial purposes only. You agree to use the site only for lawful, non-commercial purposes and in compliance with all UK, EU and international, federal, state and local laws. Except as expressly permitted in these terms and conditions, you may not use, reproduce, distribute, reverse engineer, modify, copy, publish, display, transmit, adapt, frame, link, rent, lease, loan, sell, license or in any way exploit the content of the site.
You represent and warrant that you (a) are above the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, (b) have not previously been suspended or removed from the site, (c) do not have more than one (1) account at any given time for the site; (d) you will only provide us with true, accurate, current and complete information if you register for an account and/or orders (defined below). If we believe or suspect that your information is not true, accurate, current or complete, we may deny or terminate your access to the site or services (or any portion thereof) and (e) that you have full power and authority to enter into the terms and conditions and in doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party.
The “Jamii card”
By placing an order for the Jamii card through our site, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and you are at least 18 years old.
The Jamii card is an ongoing subscription service, and so your membership is continuous and your membership is renewed automatically at the end of each membership period. Your renewal date is the expiry date printed on the Jamii card. We will not be liable for any non-receipt of communication from us, including non-receipt of the renewal reminder. You are required to inform us if you change your correspondence address (both email and postal). If you do not want to renew your membership you should contact us by email on [email protected] at any point within your membership period and no later than 5pm two working days preceding the expiry date of your current Jamii membership. The automatic renewal does not apply to gift purchases.
You have the right to cancel your initial Jamii card purchase with us within 14 days of original purchase. This does not apply to subsequent renewals. From time to time certain promotions may have different requirements regarding the cancelation period. Specific cancellation policies will be detailed throughout the purchase process.
To cancel your Jamii card, please email us at [email protected] Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. Upon cancellation you will receive a confirmation email; it is recommended that this is kept for your own personal records. If you cancel your membership within the cooling off period, you will be entitled to a refund of your membership, less a pro-rata charge for the period of cover and our £5 administration charge, which is a genuine pre-estimate of the loss we will suffer in the event of a cancellation. Refunds will be subject to the return of your Jamii card and any other items dispatched as part of any promotion within 30 days of your cancellation. You will also be responsible for the cost of returning your Jamii card and promotional item (if part of original purchase) in an unused condition and in the original packaging. Subject to any other statutory rights you may have, we do not provide refunds for any cancellations after the expiry of the cooling off period.
You will receive your Jamii card within 7 working days of purchase, unless there are exceptional circumstances. Once your order has been accepted we aim to dispatch your card within 4 working days. If you do not receive your card you must contact us within 30 days to request a replacement. If you do not contact us within the 30 days any replacement card that is issued will carry a £5.00 administration fee and be issued with the original expiry date.
Participating businesses and use of your Jamii card
On presentation of your Jamii card, participating offline businesses will offer the discount stated on the Jamii website. Please check our site for details regarding potential exclusions.
Upon the entering of your Jamii discount code, online businesses will offer the discount stated on the Jamii website. Please check our site for details regarding potential exclusions.
Jamii discounts may not be valid in conjunction with any other promotional offers that participating businesses may be running.
Offers advertised on our site are only available to members who present a valid Jamii card or discount code.
The expiry date of each Jamii membership will vary and will always be checked at each business. Expired Jamii memberships preclude the application of a discount.
Memberships are strictly non-transferable and can only be used by named members. Any attempted misuse of Jamii membership may result in termination.
We will use reasonable endeavours to update our site to show the particulars of participating businesses and the terms of their offers. Participating businesses may, however, be entitled to withdraw from Jamii or to change the terms and conditions of their discount after you have become a member and we shall have no liability for any such withdrawals or changes in terms and conditions or availability.
Members will have the benefit of any additional businesses which join the club at a later date and any increase in the discounts and deals of participating businesses.
Our printed marketing material is intended as a guide of businesses who are participating at the time of publication and, therefore, may not include all participating businesses at any one time.
We cannot guarantee that other users will not copy, modify, distribute or otherwise use the user content that you share. If you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or do not want others to use, do not post it on the website. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any user’s misuse or misappropriation of any user content you post on the site.
By posting user content in or otherwise using any communications service or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through the site from time to time, you agree that you are the sole responsible person and/or entity from which such user content originated. Additionally, you agree not to access or use the site for any purpose that is prohibited by these terms and conditions. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the site.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to (and shall not permit any third party to) use the site to:
- Upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any user content that is inaccurate, unlawful, harmful, threatening, embarrassing, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, offensive, profane, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or contains or depicts nudity or explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual or violent acts (including, but not limited to, sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- Harm any person in any way;
- Upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any user content that (i) victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of any impermissible classification, including, without limitation, religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, creed, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status or disability; (ii) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party; and (iii) you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under any contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as insider information, intellectual, proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, worms, logic bombs or programs designed or intended to interrupt, disable, damage, destroy, or limit the functionality of the site or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or any other similarly destructive activity;
- Obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information;
- Interfere with or disrupt the site or servers or networks linked to the site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks linked to the site;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, and any rules, regulations, orders, directives and the like having the force of law;
- Upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any material, or take any other actions with respect to your use of the site, that would constitute, or would otherwise encourage, criminal conduct or conduct that could give rise to civil liability;
- For commercial purposes, including, without limitation, submitting any material to solicit funds or to promote, advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services;
- Solicit others to join or become members of any other commercial online service or other online or offline group or organization;
- Impersonate any other person or entity, including by providing any false personal information to us (including a false user name) or creating any account for anyone other than yourself;
- Submit any person’s identification documents or sensitive financial information; or
Violation of any of the foregoing may result in immediate termination of your license to access or use the site, and may subject you to state and federal penalties and other legal consequences. We reserve the right – but shall have no obligation – to investigate your use of the site in order to determine whether a violation of the terms and conditions has occurred or comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the site may involve (a) transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. We assume no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store postings or other information submitted by you or other users of the site.
You agree that you will not harvest, collect or store information about the users of the site or the user content or use such information for any purpose inconsistent with the purpose of the site or for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk electronic mail or communications. You may not:
- Take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the site or any activities conducted on the site;
- Bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the site or portions thereof (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the site);
- Run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the site;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the site;
- Harvest or scrape any content from the site.
The availability of the products and services described on the site, and the descriptions of such products and services, may vary based on location and timing.
Intellectual property rights
The site, and all of its contents, including but not limited to articles, other text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, video material, audio material, including musical compositions and sound recordings, software, logos, titles, characters, names, graphics and button icons, excluding user content (collectively “proprietary material”), are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of the United Kingdom, as well as international conventions and the laws of other countries. the proprietary material is owned or controlled by Jamii Limited or by other parties that have provided rights thereto to Jamii Limited.
Except as otherwise provided in these terms and conditions or without our express prior written permission, you may not, and agree that you will not, use, publish, reproduce, display, publicly perform, create derivative works from, reverse engineer or decompile, disassemble, distribute, license, transfer, sell, copy, post, enter into a database, upload, transmit or modify the proprietary material or any portion thereof, for any purpose or by any means, method, or process now known or later developed. Modification of the materials appearing on the site or use of such materials for any other purpose is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights.
Claims regarding copyright infringement
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any user content or other content on the site infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing us with the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, your email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the above notification is accurate and that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
After receiving a claim of infringement, we will process and investigate the claim and will take appropriate actions, we will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity, and will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. We will take reasonable steps promptly to notify the user that we have removed or disabled access to such material.
Third party websites and links
You may be able to link to third party websites, services or resources on the internet from the site, and third party websites, services or resources may contain links to the site (collectively, “linked sites”). We are not responsible for the content, availability, advertising, products, services or other materials of any such linked sites, or any additional links contained therein, and our inclusion of links to the linked sites on the sites does not imply that we endorse or approve of any materials contained on, or accessible through, the linked sites. In no event shall we be liable, directly or indirectly, to you or any other person or entity for any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by the creation or use of the linked sites or the information or material accessed through these linked sites.
Advertising, sponsorships, co-promotions and other partnerships
We may display advertisements for the goods and services of a third party on the site, including in connection with co-promotions, sponsorships and other similar partnership arrangements. We do not endorse or represent and are not responsible for the safety, quality, accuracy, reliability, integrity or legality of any such advertised goods or services.
We may terminate or suspend your access to the site, delete your profile and any content or information that you have posted on the site and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the site (or any portion, aspect or feature of the site) for any reason, or no reason, at any time in our sole discretion, with or without notice to you, effective immediately, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with you and your activities in connection with the site. If you wish to terminate your account, you may do so by following the instructions on the site. any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable. in the event of termination, you will still be bound by your obligations under these terms and conditions.
By using this site, you agree that Jamii Limited at its sole discretion, may require that: any and all disputes and causes of action related to or connected with these terms, the site, and the related offerings shall be resolved individually, you understand and agree that you are waiving your right to sue or go to court to assert or defend your rights under this contract.
10.4 Where you purchase a product or service from any participating business, any losses or liability arising out of, or in connection with, such pro
All notices given by you to us must be given to [email protected] We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an email is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email, that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
These terms and conditions were last updated February 2020.
If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable for the membership fee. We will not be liable for losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms and conditions that fall into the following categories:
- Loss of income or revenue;
- Loss of business; or
- Loss of anticipated savings
Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits our liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
- Any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Where you purchase a product or service from any participating business, any losses or liability arising out of, or in connection with, such product or service shall be the liability of the relevant participating business. We accept no liability for any bad experiences or bad products or services at any of the participating businesses. We will not become involved in any dispute between you and any business.
We do not give any warranty for any goods or services accessed through, or displayed on, our site.